Our client, an FCA regulated consumer finance company are seeking a Chief Financial Officer or CFO to help the company during its latest stage of development which includes performing effective risk management and help plan the company’s ongoing financial strategy.
This will involve helping to grow the loan book post the Covid Pandemic.
It is an important senior management role with cost effective and appropriate financing a key factor.
The candidate must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations.
The ideal candidate will be a good leader and communicator since all relative departments of the company will be under their instruction.
The goal is to protect the company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth and to meet agreed targets and objectives agreed with the Board.
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Perform risk management by analysing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Supervise all finance personnel (controllers, treasurers etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Manage team of financial controllers and financial analysts.
The Candidate needs to demonstrate:
- Proven experience as a senior finance officer or relevant role
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAGE)
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- A suitable accounting qualification
This is a senior appointment within the company and will be subject to six-months’ probation following which depending on performance there may be an opportunity to join the Board and or obtain a shareholding.