Our client is one of the fastest growing technology businesses in the UK; listed in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 and the FT1000 Fast Track, they are recognized as the fastest organically growing business within our sector.
As one of the UK’s most successful cloud and managed services providers they have grown year on year for the last 17 years, have won multiple awards and work with some of the most secure, critical, and commercially driven organizations in the UK.
Currently hiring a 3rd Line Infrastructure Support to join this expanding firm.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Provide L3 escalation support, diagnose and resolve data centre and network infrastructure technology incidents.
- Perform system analysis and integration with authentication and identity services.
- Act as escalation point for all complex and high priority customer incidents related to data centre and infrastructure services.
- Provide engineering support, advice, and consultation to other team members.
- Provide occasional onsite and remote support as needed.
- Collaborate with other partners and suppliers.
- Coordinate with customer network and technical staff.
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues and provide appropriate resolutions and analysis of root cause(s) in alignment with contracted Service Level Agreements.
- Mentor and train junior technical staff to encourage team’s growth and development.
- Provide problem management resolution on both software and hardware related issues.
- Support all core technologies including LAN, WLAN, VMware, SAN storage, authentication and identity services.
- Support service request and small change management for supported platforms.
- Utilize proprietary and industry standard tools and technologies to monitor, isolate and interpret related network traffic and faults – e.g., WireShark, Vendor analytics and similar tooling.
- Experience of 5+ years of directly related professional experience and technical abilities in one or more of the following primary products and technologies (in addition to qualifications listed below) preferably in enterprise environments:
- VMware, ESXi, vOPs
- LAN and WLAN technologies (Cisco, Extreme, Aruba)
- Firewall services (Fortinet, Cisco)
- MS stack, Active Directory and 365 services
- Windows OS and patch management functions
- 5+ years demonstrated experience supporting and/or maintaining complex infrastructure
- Ability to maintain current industry standard certification as required
- Professional level understanding of network architectures, technologies, and common data transport protocols
- Strong verbal and written communication with unwavering dedication to the customer experience and ability to effectively articulate and/or document troubleshooting steps performed to include incident response and root cause analysis
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Experience supporting managed services
- Experience supporting multi-OEM environments preferred
- Working knowledge of or ITIL V3V4 Certification preferred
- Planning (vital for the role, to have good organizational skills).
- Strong technical/problem solving, able to quickly and effectively find ways to overcome challenges.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Documentation (strong written skills for updates and reporting).
- Teamwork. (You will be working as part of a multi-skilled tight knit team, engaging colleagues to overcome multi-disciplinary challenges)
Traits and Behavior
- Focus on customers – committed to providing the best service to our customers in all that they do
- Working Together – Working co-operatively with colleagues, customers, partners, and suppliers. Gains support from others. Relationship driven and ‘human.’
- Can Do Attitude – Takes personal responsibility for getting things done
- Growth – Proactively seeks ways to improve and grow the business
If you’ve got what it takes to be part of our award-winning team click to apply today or send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org