Our client through a combination of passion for what they do, a desire to innovate and their ambition to define the future of the offshore wealth advice industry, they exist to guide clients through the important financial decisions required today, to ensure they benefit from the freedom of tomorrow. Their Vision is simple. To create a brand that instils pride in its employees, clients, and business partners, enabling all involved to assist in building the most respectable financial planning company in the world.
The Business Development Manager position has a fundamental value to the overall success of the business, making it an excellent opportunity for someone who is driven to seek excellence in everything they do. If you are a successful salesperson and looking for the platform to build a new career in Wealth Management, this is the job for you.
The focus of the role is to strategically target and then directly contact potential high net worth expat clients who are living, working, and retiring globally, before outlining the companies proposition and introducing them to one of our qualified, Senior Financial Planners.
This involves using a wide variety of sources to map both the corporate and socio-economic landscapes within the area you are focusing on, highlighting both British and other international executives. It is very useful to know about how current affairs are affecting the financial markets due to the diverse client range associated with companies (clients will come from several jurisdictions including UK, USA, Germany, Australia, and South Africa).
In tandem with the research stage, a Business Development Manager can pitch potential clients over email, telephone or in person. An innate enjoyment of the sales process and confidence talking to a wide range of individuals is therefore key for this position.
The company will also provide full support through the CISI examination process. As a business, we ensure that all Advisers are at a UK Level 4 Diploma standard as a minimum and see it as good practice to continue this throughout the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- An individual with a proven and demonstrable track record within a pro-active sales and business development role
- Ability to generate leads and strategically develop new business, alongside continue to develop business through referrals
- Comfortable dealing with high-net-worth individuals
- Ability to handle objections
- Strong, confident, eloquent phone manner
- Good soft skills (organized- Excel driven, analytical, flexible, pro-active, creative)
- The ability to keep up to date with market trends and latest financial news.
- Ability to navigate through multiple business sites (not just LinkedIn but business sites, directories).
You will benefit from:
- A basic salary relevant to current, with commissions dependent on salary
- £45,000 - £55,000 year 1 OTE
- Leads (alongside ones you generate yourself) through various data sources
- Warm relationships with key strategic partners across the industry
- Unrivalled quarterly events
- Global incentives for top performers
- Excellent administrative team to assist with business placement, including an internal pension team
- Internal compliance to the highest level of regulation in every jurisdiction
Why Wealth Management?
- Strong regulatory background in multiple jurisdictions
- Global Presence
- Full training and support including funding of external CII, CISI and LIBF qualifications
- Industry leading investment proposition
- Support with lead generation via business development, research, and marketing teams
- Full paraplanning and admin support
- Flexible working and infrastructure.
- Self-employed and employed adviser options available
Whether you are an experienced financial planner looking for a new challenge or have recently graduated from university, our client offers a truly unique proposition in the international wealth management space. With an unrivalled support network consisting of the best in compliance, training, back office, recruitment, tech, and marketing, joining allows you to create a future to be proud of whilst living in some of the most amazing places in the world.
Regulation - The most important USP for joining is their strong regulatory background, that has been with them since our inception. They hold the necessary licenses to operate in every jurisdiction where we have a physical presence.
Compliance - Underpinning our strong licensing and client offering is our dedicated internal compliance team. Their due diligence ensures we continue to develop new terms of business with investment and insurance providers, while staying ahead of regulatory changes.
Investment Committee - They have an industry leading investment proposition, that is constantly reviewed by their investment committee. Their investment philosophy is based on four key principles: consistency, long term growth, quality investments and diversification.
Operational Support – There advisers are supported by a large operations team, who handle queries from providers, trustees, and clients to ensure the smooth issuance of new business advice.
Business Development - Business Development Managers are in place to introduce their unique proposition prior to setting up a first meeting with an adviser. They are also supported by a dedicated UK based marketing team, who create brochures, sales aids, advertising campaigns and much more.
Team Ethos - Often overlooked, the company has a strong team ethos. Their advisers, BDMs and administrative staff spend a lot of time together, and the sense of camaraderie is a real draw.
If you are interested in this role, please contact IRC today 0207 692 5668 or email@example.com