My client is one of London’s oldest law firms, and is now looking to expand its team of lawyers. They are a dynamic firm which offers candidates excellent experience and client contact.
The firm acts on a wide range of litigation and commercial matters with a strong emphasis on civil litigation and family law. The department has an active case load, frequently appearing in the High Court and the Court Appeal. With a diverse client base from within the UK and overseas, the work is varied and challenging. There is a strong pipeline of work and, whilst client development experience is not essential, candidates who are motivated to develop their own client relationships are preferred.
Candidates should have between 4-6 years PQE and strong academic credentials.
The successful candidate should be capable of instructing and working with Counsel together with supervising junior lawyers. The ideal candidate should have a mix of commercial and litigation experience.
We are looking for proactive candidates who have lots of drive and enthusiasm, with the ability to manage client relationships, workloads and priorities. Candidates should be able to approach matters from a legal and commercial perspective. Ability to ‘think on one’s feet’ is crucial.
- Manage work allocated by the Partners
- Excellent case management skills with the ability to run client matters with minimal assistance from Partners
- Client focussed – building excellent rapport and the confidence of clients
- Ability to lead and supervise junior members of the team
- Comfortable undertaking client business development
- Comfortable attending industry networking events (on-line or in person)
- Maintain clear communication with colleagues
- Able to manage your own workload
- Personable and a team player
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Self-starter, able to get on with the work and delegate as appropriate