Our client is a long standing and trusted provider of Independent Financial Advice, they have been servicing their clients for over 30 years and are now looking to recruit and experienced Compliance Manager to join their team.
Purpose of the role of Compliance Manager-
Keeping up-to-date with regulatory developments, advising senior management of FCA related and other regulatory issues and of any changes to the FCA rules. You will produce a compliance board report for senior management and manage the firm’s relationship with the FCA.
Main tasks/ Responsibilities
- Approved persons - Ensure that all new Approved Persons receive FCA approval before commencing duties. Formally review job descriptions / key tasks for all Approved Persons at least annually. Check all records on each RI file to ensure that they are up to date in a quarterly basis.
- Compliance Monitoring - Ensure that the firm has adopted a risk based approach to compliance monitoring. Work with the Compliance Assistant to ensure findings from client file reviews are recorded as part of the firm’s management information and reacted to by senior management, where necessary. Check and maintain all register and ensure that they receive sign off from the Compliance Director every six months.
- Selling Practices - Ensure all staff are aware of the FCA requirements on selling practices. In conjunction with the Compliance Assistant monitor the review of client files to ensure regulatory requirements are being met.
- Complaints handling - Review complaints against the firm, dealing with them in accordance with the FCA complaints handling rules. Ensure all staff are aware of the firm’s complaints handling procedures.
- Financial Promotion –In conjunction with the Compliance Assistant ensure financial promotions are approved in line with FCA rules. Annually review financial promotions to check that the information contained therein remains valid and compliant.
- Training and Competence – In conjunction with the Sales Operations Director ensure that any new recruits and / or approved persons are subject to proper supervision. Ensure all relevant individuals are subject to on-going supervision and assessment
- Pre Approvals – In conjunction with the Sales Operations Director ensure that all Pre Approvals submissions and records are kept up to date and completed on time.
- Compliance Director Support – Help and assist the Compliance Director to ensure the Company meets the Compliance and Anti Money Laundering requirements at all times.
- Paraplanning Function – Help and assist the Paraplanning function as and when required.
Required experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a Compliance and/ or Paraplanning role within an IFA firm. You will also be QCF Level 4 Qualified as a minimum.
If you have the required experience and qualification and are looking to further your career and work with one of the leading names in the industry please apply today and we will contact you to discuss the role in more detail.