About Scottish Dental Care
Established in 2016, Scottish Dental Care is family-owned and operated by Dr Philip Friel and Christopher Friel. We are a clinically led and patient focused dental provider, offering high quality dental care to our patients across Scotland. Our expanding group of clinics across the country, our patients and our teams are at the heart of everything we do.
Our highly trained dental professionals endeavour to provide the very best possible care within our growing number of dental clinics. Our clinics are modernised, paper free environments and fully computerised including digital radiographs, modern technology including the use of digital scanners.
We have an extremely rare and exciting opportunity for a Dental Receptionist to join our Advanced Dentistry @ Hyndland Dental Clinic. This is an exceptional clinic in the heart of Glasgow’s West End which has been established for 14 years and has a long-standing history of excellence in dentistry and multi-disciplinary care. We will shortly be expanding our clinic to add an additional 4 clinical rooms and as a result will be increasing our team accordingly.
Our state-of-the-art facility currently offers 6 clinical rooms, full CBCT scanning options, 2 GBT machines, 4 digital intra oral scanners and the Morpheus 8 system. The advanced facility offers all aspects of clinical, surgical, and restorative dentistry carried out by a team of 22 dedicated professionals.
This is a full-time role, 40 hours per week with Saturday commitment as well as one late night. A typical shift pattern would be Monday 08:45 – 18:00, Tuesday 08:45 – 18:15, Wednesday 08:45 – 18:00, Thursday 10:45 – 20:00 and Saturday 8:45 – 16:00.
At Scottish Dental Care | Advanced Dentistry we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible care to our patients and ensure that each patient has a positive experience at each visit. Our Receptionists are the first point of contact with our patients and are vital to the smooth day to day running of our practice as well as carrying out all aspects of the patient journey.
To be successful in this role you should possess the following;
· Proven experience as a Receptionist, ideally within a dental environment
· Highly proficient all Microsoft packages and ideally SOE
· Ability to manage several tasks at once with a confident approach to prioritising work
· Experience following structured and regulated processes
· Possess a high level of professionalism in a fast paced, team oriented environment
· Strong communication skills via telephone, email and face to face
· Excellent command of English language, both verbal and written
· Warm and friendly demeanour, providing a professional and welcoming experience for all patients and visitors
· Confident and cheerful telephone manner
· Highly motivated and thrives upon maintaining high standards
· Passionate about patient care, showing care and understanding of patients needs
· Ability to handle difficult situations with calmness and a high level of professionalism
· Willingness to go the extra mile for our patients and colleagues
· Confident interacting with clinical specialists and wider team members
· Positive attitude and enthusiastic towards future learning
· Be available to work Saturdays and one evening per week
· Industry leading salary (Band 1-2: £22,027.20 - £28,371.20)
· An additional day’s holiday/day’s pay for your birthday
· Employee referral scheme – earn up to £2,000 for each successful referral
· Enhanced maternity pay after 2 years’ service
· Contributory pension scheme
· Private medical insurance with Vitality after 2 years' service
· Career development opportunities
· Employee assistance programme – free confidential face to face counselling and access to a 24/7 helpline
· Range of discounts through Vitality, our employee health and well-being programme including 50% reduction on gym membership, trainers and the option to receive an Apple Watch at no cost if agreed steps are reached. Based on activity you can also receive a free drink from Café Nero weekly, cinema tickets and much more.
If you would like to join a family-owned, clinically led dental provider and be part of an ambitious team, we would love to hear from you. We have full and part time opportunities across the country offering flexible working patterns to suit your lifestyle and family commitments.
Be part of something bigger at Scottish Dental Care.