Our client is looking for a Qualified Financial Planner seeking a role where they can continue their professional development path within a growing professional financial planning business.
Our client is a values-driven organization, formed in 2004. Their focus is to offer creative, independent wealth management and advisory services for clients across the UK. With a reputation for innovation, insight and excellence, underpinned by robust academic research, we pride ourselves on their relationships with clients – providing one-on- one support and their uniquely structured approach to wealth management, the Financial Success Programme.
The business owner is the former Chair of the FCA Small Business Practitioner Panel and is committed to combining industry knowledge with academic acumen to provide an exemplary service to his clients and their families.
Their clients and team describe us as trusted, caring, and aspirational. Their values are:
- To think long-term
- Do the right thing
- Be open, honest and transparent
- Go the extra mile
- Be innovative
- Act with integrity
Our client is committed to providing their clients with exceptional service. You will be working directly with existing clients and their families, supporting them to achieve their financial planning goals and giving expert advice on:
- Investment and portfolio construction
- Cashflow planning and modelling
- Pension and retirement planning
- Inheritance tax and estate planning
- Capital protection
- Life planning and goal setting
You will also be responsible for carrying out ongoing investment reviews, regularly assessing progress towards and achievement of goals, and supporting their relationships with our professional partners across legal, tax, probate and accountancy disciplines.
Areas of Responsibility
- Developing close, long-term relationships with existing clients.
- Acquiring new financial advice business, using your own and the firm’s current strategies. Meeting annual new business targets.
- Conducting engaging professional client meetings, ensuring all client wishes are followed through in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Working with our client servicing team to ensure all technical advice is expertly prepared in advance of client meetings, including recommendations and presentations.
- Taking responsibility for compliance across all aspects of client records.
- Maintaining your own continued professional development, including further study for professional qualifications and appropriate soft skills and management training.
- Ensuring that your knowledge of legislative, compliance and industry developments is up to date and, where appropriate, attend relevant professional events.
Skills & Competencies
- A keen listener enjoys building and developing close client relationships, embodying the Companies values in an ambassadorial role.
- A role model for professional conduct within the team.
- A driving force for inspiring and motivating others.
- Working collaboratively within the team and with external suppliers.
- Adept at using multiple forms of communication to great effect - knowing when and how to use each for the best outcome.
- Enjoys analyzing information to evaluate efficient courses of action.
- Has excellent attention to detail and a thorough approach to documentation preparation within a strong best practice environment.
- Producing quality work in a timely manner to the highest level of client service.
- Strength in planning, taking ownership and organizing work in order to deliver on our business objectives. Demonstrating commercial awareness and focus.
- A self- motivated and innovative thinker who relishes the challenge of problem solving, whilst demonstrating resilience and agility.
- A strong desire to develop themselves and others to be truly excellent.
- Thrives in an environment of continuous improvement where excellent client service is a priority.
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK.
- Ideally a Chartered Financial Planner, minimum Level 4 qualified, a desire to continually learn and progress qualifications (support provided).
- Maintained CPD records.
- Current SPS certificate.
- A working knowledge of the following would be helpful: IRESS’s Adviser Office and Morningstar’s AdviserWorkstation.
- An existing client bank is not a prerequisite although will be actively considered.
If you are interested in this role, please get in touch with IRC today 0207 692 5668 or firstname.lastname@example.org