Our client is a well-established business that has been successful in the Defence and Security market, success built on their ability to build great technology and service solutions, but also on being as good as the very best as an organization.
The primary role of the Principal Consultant is to provide security technology consulting services to customers in defence, security, and commercial sectors and the Principal Consultant may be engaged in a broad range of activities from helping a customer define and develop a solution to an immediate need to considering the strategic long-term exploitation of emerging technology.
Depending on the engagement the Principal Consultant may work alone or as part of a larger team. When working as part of a team the Principal Consultant will take a leading role, shaping the solution and providing a primary contact point with the customer. The principal consultant will ensure customer’s needs are clearly articulated to the team as a whole and will take responsibility for the smooth delivery of the project.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Be the programme technical task lead in new and existing work in order to deliver high-quality customer solutions.
· Use business, industry, and technical knowledge to elicit customer business requirements, and define technical requirements.
· Design and document solutions architectures using the SIXA® architecture, where applicable.
· Maintain a good working knowledge of the company's intellectual property and product portfolio in order to manage the design and development of solutions to customer’s business problems
· Work with accreditors to understand their concerns and develop suitable architectures and strategies to address these within the scope of a project.
· Deliver high-quality input into bids and proposals and interface with the implementation/project teams, articulating the customer requirement and proposed solution to ensure a smooth transition from sales to delivery.
· Experience in programme technical leadership.
· Formal systems architecture and modelling experience.
· Strong written and spoken communications skills.
· Understanding and working knowledge of the defence / military arena.
· Knowledge of cloud-based systems.
· Awareness of project and programme management techniques and tools.
· Awareness of NCSC Guidance and Advice and its application.
· Awareness of MOD / NATO standards, approaches, and context.
· Either holding UK Security Clearance or willing to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
-Remote-first role with occasional travel into the Nottingham office
-Defined career progression
-Industry competitive salary.