IRC is proud to be working with one of the UK’s leading Chartered Financial Planning firms. They currently have a great opportunity for an IFA Administrator who is career minded and eventually become a fully qualified financial adviser.
This is a highly varied role and a fantastic opportunity for the correct individual with a keen interest in financial services who wishes to embark on a path of continued professional development. The role would suit a motivated professional to join a busy support team based in the Hailsham office ensuring the business generated by the Practice is processed correctly and in a timely manner.
The individual they are looking to appoint must have experience dealing with high net clients and have a personal-able approach. You will be familiar with a range of financial planning techniques including report writing, recommendations and research as this will be a large part of your role. Personal attributes are important, you should be comfortable conversing with clients/providers and work colleagues, be technically advanced and have a real desire to learn, improve and strive for perfection.
The principal duties of the role are listed below, but primarily your role would be to support the Adviser in formulating appropriate advice.
· Undertake basic fact find activities.
· Identify new business opportunities from existing client bank and previous advice opportunities, together with other available sources.
· Liaise with advisers, clients and finance providers to implement recommended advice.
· Prepare presentation pack including collating all relevant and appropriate forms, reports, additional documents and brochures using the appropriate checklists.
· Undertake research to identify suitable solutions to meet the clients’ needs.
· Maintain CRM system.
· Monitor and maintain client assets on Platform.
· Ensure all compliance paperwork is on file and in order.
· Monitor progress of new business cases and respond to queries or requests for further information.
· Keep up to date with technical and professional development.
Key skills required:
· Outstanding communication and organisation skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Use own initiative and have a ‘can do’ working style
· Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
· Willingness to quickly learn new skills
· Able to explain complex information clearly and simply
· Excellent customer service skills
· Computer literate with the full MS Office
· Honest and trustworthy attitude. Respect for confidential information