To work within a close-knit, ambitious, and busy team, providing direct administrative support to the Mortgage Team. The role will involve dealing with all associated administration for mortgage and protection business from application stage through to completion and servicing both existing and new clients. The team are currently processing around 20 applications per month, completing approximately £40,000 of procuration fees, therefore a high level of attention to detail, work productivity and the ability to deliver exceptional client service are key.
This role reports to the Mortgage Director.
This is a boutique wealth planner, asset manager and employee benefits specialist. As we are independent, this allows us to provide objective advice that is aligned to a client’s best interests, delivered by teams steeped in financial services knowledge and experience. We have built our Company on integrity and trust, because doing what is right for our clients is best for our business.
The role comprises, but is not restricted to:
New business applications and general administration
- Link all incoming and outgoing documentation and correspondence onto client files in a timely manner, including all written and electronic communication, supporting evidence, conversations and emails with clients, and conversations with providers.
- Ensure acceptance terms and mortgage offers are received as promptly as possible, and check these against applications/illustrations.
- Ensure the task module of Intelligent Office is reviewed and kept up to date in terms of tracking and monitoring the processing stages of each application.
- Preparation and sending of documentation via DocuSign.
- Produce suitability letters for the Mortgage Advisor.
- Enter new cases on Intelligent Office and keeping mortgage data up to date.
- Maintain the mortgage department’s resource library e.g., replenishing Terms of Business, Factfinds, etc, when required.
- Submit applications with relevant Money Laundering requirements and any other supporting documentation.
- Submitting and processing of mortgage, protection, and equity release business.
- Ensure electronic client files are organised, updated, easily accessible and compliant.
- Liaise with product providers to ensure all applications are received and completed and attend to any outstanding requirements.
- Record and file all relevant correspondence appropriately and correctly.
- Ensure that all dealings with clients are of a proper and entirely factual nature.
- Notify advisers of any suspicion of a complaint, following appropriate procedures within the complaints handling process.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out within FCA regulatory requirements.
- Follow Anti-Money Laundering Procedures and comply with GDPR requirements.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Be a confident communicator and demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with others, delivering a consistently high level of service to clients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the provision of advice to clients in a compliant manner and an understanding of record keeping requirements.
- Mortgage qualifications are preferred but not essential.
- Ideally, be familiar with the systems and software to perform the role, including Intelligent Office, Volume, Mortgage Brain and IRESS (training will be given).
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (computer literacy is a pre-requisite for this role).
- Have been in a similar role for at least 2 years, ideally working within a mortgage broker.
- Have good general knowledge of life and mortgage related products and legislation.
We need someone who:
- Remains always focused and motivated to deliver an exceptional level of client service.
- Has the aptitude to assist the Mortgage Consultants and their clients in an enthusiastic and proactive manner using organisational, managing, and prioritising skills and displaying an exceptional level of attention to detail.
- Has the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and new challenges.
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as you will be required to deal with mortgage lenders, clients, and their professional connections, particularly in the absence of the Mortgage Consultant.
- Has the ability to build strong and proactive working relationship with the Mortgage Consultants and their clients.
- Works well under pressure and uses their own initiative.
- At least 2-4 years in a similar role, within financial services (wealth planning, not retail banking or lending).
- Intelliflo (iO), Volume, Mortgage Brain and IRESS (training will be given where needed).
- Creation/Submitting and processing of mortgage, suitability letters, agreements in principle.
- Liaising with product providers and clients.
- Experience in equity release would be a bonus.
Category: New role to support following the move of a senior administrator into an adviser team.
Location: Location: London (1-2 days a week) and home-based with ad hoc travel to Weybridge, Surrey - depending on the candidates’ location
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, office hours 9am to 5.30pm. It may be necessary to occasionally work outside of normal office hours to meet the demands of clients and pressing deadlines.
Salary: Dependent on experience but expected to be in the region of £28-32k. Full benefits are also available, together with a discretionary bonus scheme.