Purpose of Role
The position provides an excellent learning opportunity in a variety of crucial operational areas, including: IT systems and tech, events, digital marketing, office administration, and more. The position will provide project and administrative assistance for a number of IT and marketing initiatives. Additionally, it will offer front desk assistance, office management, and general administrative support for the daily operations of the company across our two locations in Weybridge and London. Although the employment does allow for flexibility or hybrid working, the successful applicant must be willing to commute to both offices. The position will answer to the IT & Marketing Manager.
The position will be suitable for a candidate who is naturally hands-on and eager and able to work together with co-workers. The ideal candidate will be able to show a passion for IT, marketing, and/or office management, as well as excellent client-service, organisation, and administrative abilities.
Due to their independence, they can provide teams with a wealth of expertise and experience in the financial services industry that can give clients unbiased advice that is in their best interests. Because doing what is right for their clients is best for their business, they based their company's foundation on integrity and trust.
The Chartered Insurance Institute has granted our client Corporate Chartered status - the benchmark for financial planners in the industry that demonstrates moral behaviour and competence, professional and educated counsel, a dedication to offering support and service, and superior quality.
The position will adapt and alter in accordance with ongoing operational business requirements. However, the information below is meant to provide a general idea of the first range of obligations.
IT Support & Administration
- Provide front-line IT assistance, working with our third-party IT supplier to manage daily IT requests and tickets, and covering the IT & Marketing Manager's absence completely.
- Complete IT activities related to new hire induction and departure processes.
- Assist with managing IT projects as necessary
Marketing and Events
- Assist the IT & Marketing Manager in creating materials for internal and external communications, such as client/marketing/sales support documents, client on-boarding papers (client agreements, etc.), social media, event literature, etc. Help with copywriting, editing, proofreading, internal stakeholder coordination, and other administrative work.
Support new efforts in digital marketing, such as SEO, video and digital content marketing, etc.
Assist with organising website and digital updates, such as those for new employees, social media posts, email footers, etc.
Assist in the smooth execution of client and employee events as well as corporate gifts by offering helpful administrative assistance and assisting with team coordination as needed.
Office and General Administration
- Offer temporary front of house and reception coverage at the Weybridge and London offices. Among the responsibilities will include handling the general inquiries inbox, responding to internal support requests, managing visitors, aiding with desk and meeting room bookings, managing meeting rooms, and keeping the reception space in a professional manner.
- When performing front-of-house activities, a very high standard of customer service is anticipated, with client demands being handled in a warm, effective, and pro-active manner. On these occasions, good attire will be needed.
- Assist with any other general administrative responsibilities, ad hoc projects, and tasks as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
• Have at least 1-2 years of experience in a similar support position, such as a junior office position, an operations administration position, or an office administration position.
• Show evidence of experience in one or more of the following disciplines at a company of a comparable size: IT, digital marketing, office management, event planning, and general operations
• Possess outstanding IT abilities, including mastery of Microsoft Office products, solid Excel proficiency, and a genuine interest in IT both personally and/or professionally.
• Possess a solid educational foundation, ideally up to the degree level or equivalent.
Note that practical experience and attitude/aptitude to learn will be valued over education.
We need someone who can:
• Have a proactive manner and a fantastic attitude, and be a hands-on doer who is eager to get started in a variety of operational and administrative activities.
• Provide top-notch service to both internal and external clients; we're seeking for someone who knows what it takes to provide clients with a 5-star experience.
• Handle a demanding workload and adjust to shifting priorities while displaying common sense and a problem-solving strategy.
• Show great attention to detail, good verbal and written communication skills, and a respect for confidentiality.
• Be willing to work across both offices and occasionally after hours, such as to occasionally attend evening and overnight events in different UK regions.
Location: Weybridge, Surrey and home-based with ad-hoc travel to the London office
Salary: Depends on experience, but expected to be in the region of £25k. Full benefits are also provided.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week