Our client is well respected and long established firm of Independent Financial Advisers with offices across the South East and South West of England. Due to continued expansion, they are now recruiting an experienced Paraplanner to work closely alongside one of their Senior Financial Planners.
Key elements of the role,
• To attend client meetings (normally via Teams) with the Financial Planner to take detailed notes of the meeting;
- Transpose the meeting notes into the Factfind and Investment Risk Discussion document for submission;
- To assist the Financial Planner in formulating the advice to the client, taking instructions for research and/or document the advice to provided to the Paraplanner;
- Review client objectives ensuring they are clear, concise and achievable when compared against the client’s financial circumstance.
- Respond to client emails by analysing and researching the technical questions and creating the appropriate response for the client or FP Director
- Assist team PA with technical matters and liaising with clients in the absence of the FP Director
• Provide research and analysis of investment funds and financial products, whilst considering the client objectives.
- Conduct fund research using the panel or FE Analytics where appropriate.
- Review asset allocation for any investment/pension holdings
- Complete financial cashflow forecasts, clearly demonstrating the clients current and future financial position.
- Prepare Financial Plans, clearly outlining the client’s current position, where they need to be and how they will get there.
- Preparation of fund switch and encashment letters according to advice provided.
- Obtain applications, key features documents, factsheets, illustrations and product comparison quotes through appropriate source – providing clear research of the advice provided.
- Liaise with Product Providers / Third Parties regarding any technical queries
- Treat all data with complete confidentiality and take reasonable steps to protect this at all times.
- Treat our customers fairly at all times, referring to your Line Manager or the Head of Compliance for guidance if necessary. Act in accordance with Compliance procedures and FCA Regulations at all times to ensure regulatory requirements and company policies are correctly followed.
- Maintain client records and update client information on back office systems to keep an effective audit trail.
- Undertake work appropriate to the individual Paraplanner licence.
- Previous experience of working in similar role within financial services
- Practical application of technical financial knowledge within career.
- Ability to analyse the performance of Discretionary Fund Managers to determine their level of client service and capability
- Previous data research and report writing experience within financial services
- Technical use of Excel in order to demonstrate performance against benchmark over time;
- Extensive experience of working with Microsoft Office products including Word Outlook and PowerPoint, or similar tools
- Professional with a proven strong customer focus approach to getting the best outcome for the client and the business.
- Flexible and proactive approach to getting the job done.