Our client is a very well respected and established firm of IFA’s based in Wilmslow, Cheshire, they are currently recruiting for an experienced Paraplanner to join their team.
Their technical/ paraplanning team complete all research, cashflow analysis and reports in-house. With the exception of O&M and FE Analytics, they manually complete research and analysis, with this in mind they are looking for a Paraplanner who has an excellent working knowledge of Excel for cashflow purposes.
It is very much a technical team, working with advisors who have high net worth clients and thus the requirement for full and complex financial planning. They also work on DB analysis, again, completing the FVC and APTA analysis in-house. Initially, the role will be office-based to get used to the way they work, all appropriate measures are in place during the lockdown to ensure it is a safe office environment.
A Paraplanner is regarded to be a highly technical and qualified individual who can offer skills in addition to those of the Advisor to provide the client with a positive professional experience.
The Paraplanner role requires the individual to work closely with the Advisors to provide support to them and their clients.
The Paraplanner will work as an integral part of the administration team and will report into the Paraplannning Manager as well as the Office Manager.
Scope of work – Pensions, Investments, Protection & Trusts/Estate Planning
The role of the Paraplanner can be broken down into key parts:
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of client records
- Preparing recommendations
- Preparing Annual Reviews
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of central research systems, procedures and appropriate wording/appendices for suitability reports
Preparing and maintaining the client records
- Understanding of risk profiles, investment risk
- Discuss client objectives with the Advisor
- Identify missing client information pertinent to formulating recommendations
- Attendance at client meetings, if required
- Maintain compliant client records electronically and on back office system.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all compliance procedures are adhered to; liaise with other team members that carry out the non-technical administration
- Completion of internal compliance forms
- Store all research, reports and letters within the central location
Prepare recommendations in line with Advisory Standards, Advice Policy & Guidance
- Ability to understand and identify client shortfalls in financial arrangements and areas that require financial planning
- Undertake research to identify suitable solutions to meet client needs
- Prepare information / comparisons for analysis by the advisor
- Ability to consider current and future asset allocation of assets for investment strategy with regard to client’s risk profile in line with MFM/MFDM mandates
- Research of investment funds where necessary as well as financial products
- Use of research systems such as O&M, FE Analytics
- Document recommendations through preparation of Suitability Reports and Letters.
- Request Illustrations from providers, obtaining fund factsheets, research.
- Arrange provider meetings, if required and agreed with Office Manager.
- Completion of recommendation templates, i.e. replacement contract forms etc.
- Preparation of Investment Review and Annual Review Reports
Preparing and maintaining central research systems and procedures and standard template suitability reports
- Ensure good time management at all times
- Adhere to the company rules and regulations and professional body requirements
- Make viable recommendations to improve the performance of the job
- Complete any other duty delegated by the Paraplanning and Office Managers
Ability to work unsupervised
Excellent IT Skills in Word and Excel