Our client is a very well established firm of Independent Financial Advisers based in Geater Manchester. Due to an increase in Defined Benefit Pension Transfer cases they are now recruiting for an experienced Pension Transfer Specialist to carry out checks and sign off DB cases.
Candidates must have experience on advising on or reviewing DB transfer cases
- Check suitability reports for DB Transfer cases to ensure compliance with FCA Conduct of Business Requirements
- To ensure that advice files are Compliant with the firm’s standards and FCA rules
- To assess the accuracy, completeness and suitability of cases submitted by advisers thus ensuring compliance with regulatory guidance, rules and adherence to Group Procedures and recording data on the appropriate databases.
- Chase outstanding information from advisers, where appropriate on a regular basis to ensure TCF principles are adhered to.
- To deal with technical queries from advisers.
- To review files relating to Pension Transfer where the appropriate qualification is held.
- To undertake any regulatory reviews and other tasks including project work, where required, by management.
- To provide information and advice to customers who are accessing pension benefits
- To assist with training and competency of colleagues providing non-advised support to clients who are between 50 and their selected retirement date
- Liaise with Administrators and Managers and product providers.
- Analyse existing financial products.
- Responsible for ensuring own knowledge kept up to date and to notify colleagues of any relevant developments.
- To work closely with relevant support teams to provide excellent service to clients
- To work with the companies risk community to shape and evolve the DB to DC transfer policy and support the potential development to this type of activity
- Dealing with client queries raised by either client or insurer/Adviser.
Skills and knowledge
- Must be familiar with Selecta pension and dynamic planner
- Diploma qualifies with G60/AF3/AF7
- Compliance and operational risk knowledge
- Proactively maintaining up to date knowledge of products and services
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good methodical and organisational skills.
- Computer literacy and good typing skills.
- Accurate with good attention to detail.
On offer is an excellent salary and bonus scheme, if you feel you have the skills and experience required then please apply today and one of consultants will contact you with next steps.