IRC is delighted to be recruiting for a Research Manager on behalf of our client, a very well established and respected firm of Independent Financial Advisers based in Kent.
Established over 20 years ago or client is rated as one of the UK’s leading independent financial advisers. They specialise in providing wealth management advice to individuals, professionals, and companies.
They are looking to recruit a full-time Research Manager for their busy Head Office Analytics Department. Working in an open and collaborative environment as a key member of our team.
Providing technical expertise, detailed research and critical analysis of investment products and funds to the financial advisers.
- Assisting with the production of research data for the Investment Committee and then attending the quarterly meetings.
- Helping the advisers to work through and construct client financial advice solutions.
- Supporting training programmes for some of the Trainee advisers.
- Assisting with the creation of company standard operating procedures.
- A diploma level (level 4) financial services qualification or higher.
- Good knowledge of FCA principles and regulations.
- Generic technical knowledge of retail financial products e.g., pensions, investment bonds, OEICs and life assurance etc., including knowledge of taxation.
- Good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analysis as applied to investment and pension products.
- Good knowledge of standard industry technical IT systems used for comparative analysis and research.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a great team player, which means being positive, adaptable, and agile with your approach to colleagues.
- Committed, persistent and detail oriented, which means always crossing the ‘t’s and dotting the ‘i’s and the having the ability and desire to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Experience in a Leadership and/or Supervisory role.
- Experience in a financial services or wealth management environment.
- Experience of adhering to FCA COBS and TCF requirements.
- Experience of preparing valuations and analytic research for retail client financial advice.
- Experience of working within the requirements of GDPR.
You will receive
- Competitive salary, which we review every 12 months.
- You’ll be working a 35-hour week (finishing at 3 pm on Wednesdays).
- Pension scheme with matching contributions.
- You’ll get 20 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), plus an extra day for each year (up to 25 days).
- As well as regular internal training sessions, you’ll be given the opportunity to study towards industry recognised professional qualifications.