Senior Accountant to assist our growing team.
Working with our team of accountants, you will be required to complete end to end accounting tasks for a range of SME businesses, using industry leading tools.
- Maintain records of our clients using accounting software packages including Xero and Sage 50.
- Use cloud accounting tools to process transactions, prepare and post journals, update all ledgers, perform bank reconciliations ready for the monthly reporting process.
- Liaising with clients on any queries.
- Making journal entries for all receipts, payments, and other financial transactions.
- Undertake financial close procedures for the month end, including inter-company balance reconciliation.
- Preparing management accounts and month end reconciliations, including commentary.
- Drafting and finalising year end accounts for Limited and LLP’s from start to finish under FRS 102, Section 1A and FRS 105, ready for client and management review.
- Hold client meetings advising them of potential Tax/Accounting implications.
- Preparing of service charge accounts.
- Preparing extended trial balances including the final year end trial balance.
- Preparing cash flow statements.
- Running the monthly payroll for clients, including RTI submissions and pension contribution calculations.
- Preparing corporation tax computation calculations and basic tax planning.
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of VAT returns, including EC Sales and Intrastat returns.
- Apply and understand the client to ensure transactions are recorded appropriately, under the correct accounting standard and highlight unusual transactions to senior members of the team.
- Apply a basic knowledge of rules and regulations followed by UK SME’s including tax requirements, company secretarial and a general commercial awareness.
- Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients receive an excellent service.
- Support the Head of Accountancy.
- Training and mentoring junior members of staff.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience within practice.
- ACA or ACCA qualified.
- Must be highly organised, proactive and a self-starter.
- Able to prioritise workload and be self-sufficient.
- Can work well under pressure and in a very busy environment.
- Xero certified user.
- A team player, with active participation in the team, in addition to being able to work on their own as required.
- Friendly and helpful with a can-do work ethic.
- Flexible and able to prioritise a changing to do list.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate MS Office, including Excel, Word.
What we offer:
- £50k to £65k dependant on experience.
- Bonus Scheme (up to 10%).
- Excellent career development opportunities.
- 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Employer Pension Contribution.
- Private medical insurance (minimum of 1 years’ service).
- Opportunity to join a rapidly expanding firm at a very exciting stage of growth, with prospects of career progression.
Job Type: Full-time – Mon-Fri 09.00-17.00
Does this sound like an opportunity that aligns with your career ambitions?
For this immediate opportunity please forward your CV to Eamon Behan today! firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to starting your journey with you!