Purpose of role
Reporting to the Private Client Director, this is a fantastic client-facing opportunity to support a busy and successful team, assisting in delivering an outstanding holistic financial planning service to new and existing HNW clients of the company. Our clients typically have complex planning needs and so the role will help to provide clarity to clients and to deliver the exceptional quality service that clients of the company have come to expect. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in a relevant IFA role.
We are a boutique wealth planner, asset manager and employee benefits specialist. As we are independent, this allows us to provide objective advice that is aligned to a client’s best interests, delivered by teams steeped in financial services knowledge and experience. We have built our Company on integrity and trust, because doing what is right for our clients is best for our business.
The role comprises, but is not restricted to:
- Interpreting new technical information, legislative and regulatory changes from various in-house and external sources and ensuring the team remains compliant with FCA and internal compliance procedures.
- Producing comprehensive and clear suitability letters for clients.
- Preparing lifetime cashflow models relevant to each client’s circumstances, objectives, and possible financial outcomes.
- Constructing and producing a financial plan to address each client’s lifetime objectives in the context of these cashflow models, generally comprising (but not limited to) contingency planning, legacy/succession planning, asset allocation/wealth management and tax planning.
- Communicating these models to each client in person and in writing. Dealing with queries and modified scenarios as required.
- Liaising with other technical staff within the company to ensure a consistent client experience across the Group.
- Preparing for and attending client meetings, taking detailed written notes, and following up on any technical points after the meeting.
- Carrying out regular reviews of clients’ financial plans, circumstances, and objectives.
- Dealing with complex and technical client queries as and when they arise.
- Gathering and analysing comprehensive, detailed information from clients, their professional advisers, and others.
- Engaging with intelligent, demanding clients (many of whom are investment professionals themselves) consistent with developing and maintaining outstanding, long-term relationships.
- Being willing and able to work to pressing deadlines, sometimes involving a level of time commitment beyond standard working hours.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Have 5+ years’ experience within the independent sector of the financial services industry in a paraplanning role involving direct contact with sophisticated HNW clients.
- Previous experience of using Intelliflo will be an advantage.
- Have excellent knowledge of investment, life and pensions products and current legislation.
- Hold Chartered Financial Planner status with the CII.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Income Tax, CGT, IHT, Trusts and both DC and DB pension transfers.
- Have broad knowledge of esoteric products, including VCT and EIS investments and structured products.
- Understand the principles of asset allocation and portfolio construction.
- Understand the importance and benefits of lifetime cashflow modelling, ideally with experience of Voyant as a cashflow modelling tool.
We need someone who can:
- Be a resourceful and creative problem solver, capable of embracing the role quickly and progressing to working largely unsupervised.
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and needs and new challenges.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex strategies with clarity.
- Analyse and evaluate information in detail, and reach suitable conclusions as needed.
- Remain focused and motivated to always deliver an exceptional level of customer service to clients, third parties and colleagues.
- Has the aptitude to assist the adviser and their clients in an enthusiastic and proactive forward-thinking manner. A high level of organisation and attention to detail is important.
- Is driven to learn, able to think laterally and apply intuitive new ideas and skills to their role.
- Build a strong proactive working relationship with the advisers, clients, and providers.
Location: Central London with flexible and home-based
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, office hours 9am to 5.30pm (some degree of flexibility may be possible, subject to approval). It may be necessary to occasionally work outside of normal office hours to meet the demands of client meetings and pressing deadlines.
Salary: £55-£65K. Full benefits are also available, together with a discretionary bonus scheme.
Does this sound like an opportunity that aligns with your career ambitions?
For this immediate opportunity please forward your CV to Eamon Behan today! firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to starting your journey with you!