Purpose of Role
To assist two Private Client Advisors in a busy and successful team with superior technical and general administrative support. This is a demanding position that supports the Advisors in providing new and existing clients—often with high expectations and complex planning needs—with great, all-encompassing financial planning services. This full-time, permanent position will start off covering a 15-month maternity break and then continue in another team of client-facing advisers. The position will suit a competent senior IFA administrator who appreciates working independently as part of a motivated and high-performing client team.
The position includes, but is not limited to:
PA and general admin duties
• Arrange and schedule meetings on the Private Client Advisors' behalf
• Prioritise duties with the Private Client Advisors
• Responds to any non-technical phone and email inquiries as necessary.
• If necessary, provide agendas and information requests before client meetings.
• Help produce management information as needed by central teams
• Assist with administrative tasks as needed, such as sporadic scanning and filing
Client servicing and meeting preparation
• Help with the creation of meeting packs for client meetings and annual suitability reviews
• Prepare application forms and associated paperwork for the client's approval or signature.
• Communicate with product suppliers to guarantee that all applications are received and finished.
• Utilise Intelligent Office to create precise client portfolio valuations and statements
• Execute trades and aid in portfolio rebalancing as necessary.
• Help with client account cash management controls (bonds, SIPPs, etc)
• Close plans on Intelligent Office properly and promptly, and make sure any applicable income projections are met.
Correspondence and client files
• Utilising iO to track and precisely record tasks, schedule and manage follow-up tasks related to client meetings and business submissions.
• Ensure that every piece of client data, including meeting notes, is accurately maintained on internal systems, such as Intelligent Office and the Document Management System (DMS), as necessary.
• Ensure that client agreements are in place, signed, recorded, and stored to the DMS, including fee schedules.
• Conduct customer risk tolerance tests and money laundering screenings
• Organise and maintain client electronic files so they are readily available.
Compliance with FCA and company procedures
• Assist the team in adhering to FCA and internal compliance processes, ensuring that all client files and information remain compliant and confidential.
• Notify the adviser of any suspicion of a complaint and follow the relevant steps in the complaints handling process.
• Follow the steps for risk profiling, record the score in iO, and save the risk profile to the DMS.
• Keep track of and file any pertinent correspondence.
• Follow Anti-Money Laundering Procedures and comply with the requirements of GDPR
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will have:
• A solid technical understanding of pensions and investments, ISAs, bonds, trusts, and protection, as well as five or more years of experience working in an IFA administrative function.
• A track record of providing the best possible customer service
• Knowledge of using Transact, iO, or a comparable technology to carry out administrative duties
• Outstanding IT abilities and proficiency with Excel
• Strong attention to detail and superb written and verbal communication abilities
• Adequate knowledge of FCA rules and compliances, as well as the requirements of Financial Services teams, in order to perform the position
• Industry-specific credentials will be helpful, but they are not required.
We require someone who is able to:
• Learn quickly, have the self-assurance to assume administrative responsibility for a busy client team.
• Work to tight deadlines and be able to manage the stress of a busy team, a demanding workload, and complex client needs.
• Help the adviser team and clients in a positive, proactive manner by being organised, managing your time well, and setting priorities.
• Exhibit attention and drive when providing clients, outside parties, and co-workers with great customer service.
• Work well on their own initiative and address problems with common sense.
Location: London and/or home-based.
Salary: Expected to be in the range £35K+. Full benefits are also provided.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week