Our client is a well-established business that has been successful in the High Assurance cyber security market since 1992. There secure information exchange solutions have been deployed by more than twenty-five different nations around the globe, both in Government and Defence. There success in the security and defence niche has been built on there ability to build great technology and service solutions; but also being as good as the very best as an organisation.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Capable of completing the role with minimal supervision you will:
- Sell cyber security services, solutions and technology to Government Agencies and security customers in the UK and Europe, generating revenues and margins in line with targets.
- Build and manage a credible sales pipeline that enables sales objectives to be met.
- Update the CRM tool with detailed activities and next steps to provide full visibility into key accounts, opportunities and forecasts.
- Leverage, promote and collaborate with the companies sales channels and partners as appropriate.
- Be a company brand ambassador in the marketplace, participating in industry events and forums.
- Engage the companies resources effectively in the pursuit of business including marketing, pre-sales and, where necessary, for larger scale strategic opportunities product development.
- Provide support to bids, as required.
- Maintain a level of technical knowledge of companies offering.
- 5+ years of relevant and related industry sales and/or pre-sales experience
- Demonstrated track record of driving sales account revenue and exceeding revenue targets through consultative selling, supported by a current and effective network that has allowed you to do business successfully.
- Thorough understanding of Public Sector procurement cycles and a successful track record in negotiating and closing sales
- Proven ability to demonstrate solution value to key prospects at a senior stakeholder level combined with the knowledge and aptitude to present and explain the technical elements of product or services.
- The equivalent experience in a customer-side role, e.g. within a UK government High Assurance organisation.
- Ability to co-ordinate the end-to end activities from pre-sales through to post sales to ensure excellent levels of engagement and service throughout the process.
- Either holding a minimum of UK Security Clearance or willingness to undergo UK Security Clearances is key to this role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep and broad understanding of the UK government market, particularly FCDO, the Home Office and similar organisations. A range of deep relationships within UK government.Must be able to open doors and communicate at a senior level, also with users, project managers, commercial leads and technical staff.
- Knowledge of the cyber security market and NCSC’s mission.
- Ability to sell a range of capability, including outcomes, services and solutions.
- Familiarity with using a CRM such as Pipedrive.
- “Customer side” experience of working within a UK Government organisation.
- Good understanding of Cyber Security and/or ICT technologies.
- May be required to work unsociable hours in order to resolve customer difficulties or to achieve project timescales. This may be at short notice in exceptional circumstance.
- May be required to work weekends or bank holidays.
- Will be required to travel extensively within the UK and occasionally overseas.
Our Client encourages an open and participative approach to both business and social activities. As a Gold standard Investor in People, you will have a structured career path which actively supports your career development. They are providing an attractive remuneration package and excellent future career prospects.