IRC is working with one of the largest UK law firms headquartered in Scotland with offices in several locations including Edinburgh, they now have an attractive opportunity for a senior solicitor/associate with 3-5 years PQE.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Solicitor/Associate to join our Energy and Infrastructure team. This role presents an excellent opportunity to work in a client-facing role in a supportive team, which is top ranked by Chambers in energy. Whilst previous experience in energy or infrastructure is desirable we are also keen to hear from applicants who would like to switch into the energy and infrastructure sector. The central belt team undertakes the firm’s work in the energy and infrastructure sectors and advises developers, investors, lenders and the public sector across of a variety of sectors: power (wind, hydro, solar, tidal and biomass), heat, infrastructure (education, health and transport).
You can expect to work on a mix of renewables, heat and infrastructure projects. Due to the breadth of work that the team undertakes you will work across a number of sectors and we will encourage you to develop your own areas of expertise.
E&I transactions vary and work assignments will depend upon the specific instructions we have at any one time.
The following are illustrative:
• Advising on developing or bidding for new greenfield projects including setting up joint venture arrangements
• Advising on the financing and implementation of new greenfield projects
• Advising of the sale and purchase of greenfield and operating assets
• Advising on operating projects including PPA renewals and asset variations
• Advising on energy and utilities regulation
• Actively involved in the Business Development initiatives of the team and pursuing BD opportunities with prospective clients
• Supervising and mentoring the work of those less qualified is an essential part of this role
• Seeks a long-term career in energy/ infrastructure projects
• Self-motivated and uses initiative
• Team player and willing to be flexible
• Willing to take the time to understand client business models
• Takes pride in quality of work
• Willing to take responsibility for delivering client service
• Willing to contribute to business development
• Good communicator
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Good grounding in legal knowledge
• Good business knowledge
• Able to work efficiently and deliver to deadlines